History For more than 100 years Tehama A/G has preached the gospel and shared the love of God with many. It all started when Mrs. Jonnie Franks held prayer meetings in various homes in the community back in the early twenties. As a result of these prayer meetings folks were interested and the group grew. About this time Rev. Clyde Thompson assisted the group and this was the beginning of the preaching services. In a short while after Rev. Thompson Started preaching services , the little group secured the use of the church located on the corners of third and D St. in Tehama in which to hold their services With this forward step their number grew and they held regular services.
Under the leadership of Mrs. Mary Smith Sunday school services were started and a number of preachers carried on the preaching. The first of them were Rev. Gilipan, followed by Mrs. Duncan, Rev. Briggs, Rev. Boyd Beck, Rev. Rittenberg and Rev. Clark. In 1939 Rev. La Porte pastored and then Chester Williams. From this time on there was always someone here to preach. In 1941 under the ministry of Rev. Pickle and Rev. Coryell the group was organized as “Tehama Trinity Full Gospel Church” and they purchased the church fron the Methodist Conference which originally was the old Presbyterian church.
Pastors following were the Reverends Roy Warwich, John Dudley, John Graham, Wm. Freeman and Bartley Rush. In 1954 under the leadership of Rev. Bartley Rush, the local church re-organized and incorporated as the Full Gospel Assembly of Tehama, and became identified with the Northern California and Nevada District Council of the Assemblies of God whose parent organization is known as the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
As part of this organization the local church has a part in a radio ministry which has a world-wide coverage and also participates in the great world- wide missionary program of the Assemblies of God. After the resignation of Rev. Bartley Rush, Rev. Edward B. Byram was called as pastor. During his ministry the local group built Sunday school rooms to take care of the growing congregation.
The construction was completed free of debt. In 1955 property was purchased next door to the church and plans were made to build a parsonage. When the building was completed they had a three bedroom house free of debt. All the labor for this project was donated by the people of the congregation and their friends. After serving the church for about six years Rev. Byram resigned the church to accept a call from the Willits church.
The Rev. Bill Young was called as pastor and under his leadership the Sunday school and congregation grew and there was need of another building. So the Rev. Young and congregation built a multi-purpose building which serves as a fellowship hall, recreation center and Sunday school room. Rev Young accepted a call to Pastor the Assembly in Placerville. Then Rev Hilton Park became pastor in 1961 and continued until, due to his wife’ health , he left the active ministry. Rev Edward B Byram was called back as Pastor the latter part of May of 1964, at present plans are to re-floor the church. The church wishes to extend an invitation to all the people of the area that have no church home to come worship with us.